The Cresap Rifle Club offers NRA firearms education and Maryland hunter safety training programs to the public. For information of these programs please choose one of the following options:
The Cresap Rifle Club has a team of certified volunteer NRA instructors that are ready to introduce you to the shooting sports. We are a non-profit organization and work hard at keeping the cost of the classes to a minimum. Everything needed to successfully complete this class is included in the suggested donations listed below including the course material, firearms and ammunition. You do not need to own a firearm in order to participate. For more information on the course outline and subjects covered please visit the NRA Education and Training programs web site.
The current program schedule is as follows:
- NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Courses: This course is at least 8-hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; pistol parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; two handed standing positions; cleaning the pistol; and continued opportunities for skill development. No gun or ammunition is required for this class and there are no Prerequisites to enroll.
- ***BASIC PISTOL***Classes for 2014 have been planned and are listed below.
- February 8th, 2014: 8 am to 4 pm. (limited to 16 students)
- June 7th, 2014: 8 am to 4 pm. (limited to 16 students)
- July 26th, 2014: 8 am to 4 pm. (limited to 16 students)
- October 25th, 2014: 8 am to 4 pm. (limited to 16 students)
- NRA Basic Personal Protection in the Home Course: This is an eight-hour course. Students should expect to shoot approximately 200 rounds of ammunition. Students will learn basic defensive shooting skills, strategies for home safety and responding to a violent confrontation, firearms and the law, how to choose a handgun for self-defense, and continued opportunities for skill development. The NRA Basic Personal Protection In The Home Course participants must be law abiding, adults (at least 21 years old), and will require one of the following Prerequisites: NRA Basic Pistol Course Certificate, NRA FIRST Steps Course Certificate, NRA pistol competitive shooting qualification card, military DD 214 with pistol qualification, or passing the Pre-Course Assessment.
- ***PERSONAL PROTECTION IN THE HOME***: Classes for 2014 are being planned. Please check back later in the year.
- NRA Basic Personal Protection Outside the Home Course: This course teaches students the knowledge, skills and attitude essential for avoiding dangerous confrontations and for the safe, effective and responsible use of a concealed pistol for self-defense outside the home. this course teaches the essential skills and techniques needed to prevail in a life-threatening situation. All students are required to bring a strong side, outside the waisteband holster properly attached to the belt, A magazine / speed loader pouch, a minimum of three magazines / speed loaders for your firearm, 250 rounds of ammunition and your own centerfire pistol or revolver. Participants in this course must be at least 21 years of age and possess defensive pistol skills presented in the NRA Basics of Personal Protection In The Home Course. Participants must also understand the basic legal concepts relating to the use of firearms in self-defense, and must know and observe not only general gun safety rules, but also those safety principles that are specific to defensive situations. Participants will be required to present a NRA Basic Personal Protection In The Home Course Certificate or pass the pre-course evaluation.
- ***PERSONAL PROTECTION OUTSIDE THE HOME***: Classes for 2014 are being planned. Please check back later in the year.
- NRA Basic Rifle Shooting Course: This course is at least 14 hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot rifles. Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; rifle parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest, prone, sitting, standing and kneeling positions; cleaning, and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the Basics of Rifle Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, take a Basics of Rifle Shooting Student Examination, and course completion certificate. This class has no prerequisites.
- ***BASIC RIFLE***: Classes for 2014 are being planned. Please check back later in the year.
- NRA Metallic Reloading Course: This course is eight hours in length and is conducted in a classroom. Each student is taught reloading safety; centerfire cartridge components; using the reloading manual and reloading data; equipment; and the metallic cartridge reloading process. Students will receive the NRA Guide to Reloading handbook, the Basic Reloading Student Exam, a course completion certificate, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, a Basic Firearm Training Program brochure, an Instructor Application/Course Evaluation form.
- ***METALLIC RELOADING***: Classes for 2014 are being planned. Please check back later in the year.
- Classes for 2014 are being planned. Please check back later in the year.
If you are interested in NRA training for a private group of five or more people then please feel free to contact us. Please provide information on the size of the group, classes interested in and ideal schedule and we will work hard to accomodate you.
The Cresap Rifle Club has a team of certified volunteer Maryland hunter education instructors that are available to teach you the fundamentals of a safe hunting experience. The club holds several classes a year that are available to the general public. The Cresap Rifle Club does not charge a fee for the classes and all program material is included.
The current program schedule for 2014 is as follows:
--> Subscribe to our mailing list!: You will receive regular updates on all of our training classes and other club sponsored activities. Click here to subscribe...